The Greater Good
We believe in profit-sharing with our local Ugandan communities to empower and motivate financial independence. With this mission in mind, a percentage of our revenue is reinvested into these very communities.
Specific project we’ve invested in vary with the needs of the community but have included;
- Providing essential supplies like mosquito nets and soap.
- Working with local hospitals to fund and purchase invaluable antimalarial drugs.
- Ensuring protective equipment and ethical wages for our workers to collect Nilotica Shea safely and fairly.
- Advocating for and advancing local legislation on the protection of the Shea tree as a vital natural and economic resource.
- Constructing wells for clean and accessible water
- Purchasing school supplies and providing monetary support to local schools
- Funding competitive scholarships to elementary and secondary school students
With these programs in place, there has been a significant reduction in Shea Nilotica tree felling along the Nile River belt for firewood and income.
We believe it takes a village to raise a child and The Shea Shop strives to be part of that village. Our support network stands with local communities and encourages participation as responsible citizens in our global economy.
In the U.S., The Shea Shop has partnered with Lion’s Club clinics to provide employment opportunities for the legally blind and visually impaired. We strive to encourage, inspire, and motivate all parties involved in our entire supply chain.
Your purchase of our beauty and skincare products helps to further this mission and you become a player in our goal to make skincare a part of the greater good.
It's a privilege for us to be able to give back, and we're happy you're here with us on this journey.